Pageviews last month

Thursday, April 7, 2011

vintage dresses..

When I was in Arizona visiting with Jenae ... I don't know why these dresses came up in conversation...Jenae did not remember them....they were made by Wanda Van Loon Faber back in the early 60's. Mom had asked Wanda to make these look alikes for us...they were made to be reversible and had a sort of poodle style skirt. The one side was a light blue and the other was a plaid in a little darker color. The other day when I was looking for the Betsy scrapbook pages I also came across these pictures on a page.

Ruth,Brant,
Peter, Jenae deBoer

Notice in the background there is the supply tank...it was used to hold water like a water tower so we could have some water pressure. Once it was not needed we kids used it for a playhouse. Was surprised to find a picture of it!


Peter, Brant, Ruth, and Jenae sitting on the steps in front of the back door.

3 comments:

Alicia "Al" Krisher-Behm said...

Haha Mom...your squinty look looks the same now as it did back then! :)

Kara said...

Memories.....

Jenae said...

No I don't remember the dresses but I do remember the water tank, I remember the smell and the dark dampness of the interior ... not a comfortable feeling:(