Pageviews last month

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Come for tea

With Jenae writing about Dad and his immigration..it made me think of some of my things that bring back memories. Grandma Faber always wanted a set of Blue Willow dishes, so when they moved to Kingsley the family got together and bought her a set..later I had some pieces of that set..they were destroyed in the fire in 2002..some have given me some old pieces from elsewhere.. I set my table with some of them and then used the little Dutch girl that Mom had and a teapot that has a note in it that it was Grandma deBoer's teapot for the centerpiece. The napkin rings were some that Mom had too.
Having tea in the mid afternoon was always a custom at Mom and Dad's...Dad needed a cookie or some cheese to go with it. I have some nice memories of having tea with the folks the last days on the farm and in the apartment. We even have had a chance to have tea with them in Sibley.


4 comments:

Janna said...

so i show up at their door the other day and dad asks if i brought pie, he doesn't have many teeth left but must have his sweet tooth yet!!

Janna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenae said...

I'll be right there!

Yankee said...

We'll be there!!