Pageviews last month

Monday, April 23, 2012

what happened??

Two weeks ago I noticed my left ankle hurt....the next day I needed to go to Iowa to take Mom to her sisters funeral....so I made the trip in a leisurely fashion and got to Janna's around 6:30...every time I got out of the car it seemed to hurt more..unless I walked on the outside of my heel...but the funny thing is when I was driving I would do turn my ankle and such and it did not hurt so much.


. Tuesday was a big day..got to CVM at 8:30 and Mom was all ready to go...so off we went to Boyden...we sat in the car for a bit but Mom was anxious to get out and see everyone...I could not keep up with her...so I gave up trying.. She was so happy that one of her cousins came and even stayed for the funeral...the funeral was beautiful...she was a quiet yet strong person. Walking on the cemetery was really painful...again Mom was off and way ahead.. I was able to put flowers on Dad's grave and two solar lights. My brother took two tulips from Freda's bouquet and put them by Dad's stone...so fitting as Dad came from the land of tulips.

Wednesday I came home ..taking my time.. and it was not as windy as it was on Monday..

Thursday I went to the Dr. .. of course by this time my ankle was really swollen from being on it and sitting in the car...had an x-ray and waited for the call..which I got saying to make an appointment with an orthopedic SURGEON..not and got thing I'm thinking....the knob of the ankle was completely broken off..needed screws to put me together again... I can't bear weight for who knows how long?????? So from the recliner to the couch and breaks to the little room.....thus the excitement of my life at the moment.

2 comments:

Grandma Made It said...

Sorry sister ... its hard being 60!!!!

Kara said...

Just keep your screws together, Mom! Love you!!!