Pageviews last month

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Feelings....

I am not good at expressing this....but my mind goes back to a year ago when we had to move Daddy and Mom off the farm.... I'm glad for all that we experienced along the way... It brought me to feel a greater love for them. I never thought I would have to help Dad in the night to get to the bathroom or be there to help him find his cane...it was always lost!!! And it was nice to see Mom trying to set up the apartment and make it into a home...even though it was for such a short time.

We got to spend last Thanksgiving with Janna and Kerry and Kerry's extended family...and the next day we moved the folks to LeMars.

We knew that Dad would not be happy off the farm...but so glad he could stay there as long as they did...we did not know how bad he was until I stayed with them in LeMars....but I do like to remember all that happened while we were together.

Mom adjusted to all very well and continues to do so even now...It is hard to go on without your other "half", but she is and seems to be cheerful.... I am thankful that I was able to help them with this and to be able to take care of their business dealings with the help of all the family.

Mom has short term memory loss...so she repeats herself a lot....but so do I... Janna called me "Rosa" the other day!!!! But glad Mom does remember back to the "old" days and can tell us about them.

It 's Thanksgiving Day 2010 and I am thankful for all the experiences of the last year and how they have made me feel and that God has perfect timing.

3 comments:

Alicia "Al" Krisher-Behm said...

That is beautiful Mom!!

You are right, God's timing is PERFECT. I am glad you were there to help them so much, and that you were healthy enough to do so.

I am thankful for you and all the help we are to each other in our unusual/unique family situation!

Love you so much...

Janna said...

Very well put and so very true...it has been quite a year, not one I want to repeat but also not one I would have wanted to miss, we have grown so much from it all.
Love,
Your Little Sis

Yankee said...

Sure appreciate all you did for your dad and mon. Thank you so much. Sometimes what we don't choose enriches our lives so much. So nice you could be there for them. Nice Janna was close for them, too. She'd probably remember how it was when Gpa ;and Gma Faber were getting older. So nice to read what you wrote...your auntie..