Pageviews last month

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Goody-bye Daddy...

Last week I came to Iowa for a class reunion..never dreaming that this would be my last visit with my Daddy.

I was planning to go home two different days but the call came that Dad was not well...so Monday I spent the day with Mom and Dad...the nurses and Mom and I got a small smile from him....when I left I told him who I was and that I was telling him good-bye because I was going home the next day. I asked him to tell me bye and he quietly mouthed "bye"...

Tuesday morning the call came early that Dad was not well again and Jenae and I went down to be with him and Mom. We were there for about two hours when he quietly slipped away.

So thankful for a man that could leave family to come to a new country to begin a new life. And who also found a new way of life that was passed on to us.

LOVE you, DADDY

7 comments:

Janna said...

This past week shows Gods hand in timing, thanks for being here, your little sis.

Alicia "Al" Krisher-Behm said...

Yes...whats meant to be will be, no matter what OUR plans are. I find that comforting! Hugs~XOXOx

Aleigh said...

Thinking of you all so much! Cherish all the wonderful memories you've had with him. His faithfulness will be remembered by all who knew him. Love & Hugs to you all!

Griswold said...

Thinking of you all, through this difficult time, it is never easy to see the last breath.... but we are glad it is not the end... but a beginning for what he lived for !!!! Our Sympathy
Aunt Elaine & Uncle Fred

Auntie said...

Sorry to hear this, know he will be missed and we are feeling for you these days. Our thoughts and LOVE will be with you all. With much LOVE A. Myrtle

Amber said...

Sorry to read this news...hang in there!

Kara said...

This past week has definitely shown God's timing - what a comfort to know that. So glad that it worked out for you to be there. Love you!